Eucalyptus Oil: Essential Oil Extraordinaire
Interestingly, small towns in Australia discovered that eucalyptus oil could be converted into a gas to light their homes, hotels and shops. Little did they know that they stumbled upon one of the most powerful forms of natural medicine ever.
Today, eucalyptus oil uses have a broad range of health benefits.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
Scent Description: Fresh, medicinal, woody, earthy.
Blends Well With: Peppermint, rosemary, geranium, lavender, cedarwood, sandalwood, and lemon.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The powerful health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil include treating colds and flu, hair care, relieving muscle pain, and preventing cavities. It also aids in boosting immunity and healing fungal infections as well as wounds. Eucalyptus essential oil has potent properties, which include being an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, antibacterial, and stimulant.
- Respiratory infection, bronchitis, infectious disease, fever, catarrh, sinusitis, fever, muscular aches and pains, rheumatism, arthritis, urinary infection, cystitis, parasitic infection. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 585-586.]
Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.